If you are using Navigator 4.x or Internet Explorer 4.x, this site will not render correctly!
Global Organization for Earth System Science Portals (GO-ESSP)
What is GO-ESSP?
The Global Organization for Earth System Science Portals ( GO-ESSP ) is a collaboration designed to develop a new generation of software infrastructure that will provide distributed access to observed and simulated data from the climate and weather communities. GO-ESSP will achieve this goal by developing individual software components and by building a federation of frameworks that can work together using agreed-upon standards. The GO-ESSP portal frameworks will provide efficient mechanisms for data discovery, access, and analysis of the data.
The distributed nature of climate and weather data requires institutions participating in GO-ESSP to work closely together -- crossing institutional, agency and international boundaries. GO-ESSP has evolved into a collaboration that involves software developers from both Europe and the United States. Click here for the principal investigators.
GO-ESSP News and Meetings
- The tenth GO-ESSP workshop will be held in the UK, February 24-26, 2015.
- The ninth GO-ESSP workshop was hosted by NOAA/NCDC in Asheville, North Carolina, 10-12 May 2011.
- The eighth GO-ESSP community workshop was held on October 6-8, 2009 at the Institute for Pharmacy in Hamburg, Germany.
- The seventh GO-ESSP community workshop was held on September 17-19, 2008 at the Seattle Public Library in Seattle, Washington, USA.
- The sixth GO-ESSP community workshop was held on June 11-13, 2007 at Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Jussieu) in the 'Latin Quarter' of Paris, France.
- The fifth GO-ESSP community workshop was held on June 19-21, 2006 at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA, USA.
- The fourth GO-ESSP community workshop was held on June 6-8, 2005 at the British Atmospheric Data Centre, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Chilton, Didcot, England.
- The third GO-ESSP community workshop was held on June 8-9, 2004 at the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory, Princeton, New Jersey.
- The second GO-ESSP community workshop was held on September 29-30, 2003 at the Central Laboratory of the Research Councils, Daresbury Laboratory, England.
- The first GO-ESSP community workshop was held on January 23-24, 2003 at the National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, Colorado.
If you have questions about GO-ESSP, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.