If you are using Navigator 4.x or Internet Explorer 4.x, this site will not render correctly!
Global Organization for Earth System Science Portals (GO-ESSP) 2009 Workshop
Dates: The GO-ESSP meeting was held on October 6-8, 2009.
Meeting Agenda: an agenda for the meeting can be found here.
Presentations: a table of presentations in PDF format can be found here.
- Metadata conventions and their evolution, including the Climate and Forecast (CF) conventions and the Gridspec
- Metadata collection and generation strategies
- Federation of services
- Remote processing and interaction
- Workspaces, workflows and automation in semantically enabled environments
- New initiatives and partner projects
- New strategies and technology developments
Location: Grand Autitorium, Institute for Pharmacy, Bundesstraße 45, 20146 Hamburg approx. 100 m walk from MPI-M/ZMAW.
- ** LOCATION CHANGE !! **
We are now in the lecture room in the ZMAW building (http://www.zmaw.de/Location.12.0.html?&L=1) where also the MPI-M is located. The GO-ESSP meeting room is located in the ZMAW building ground floor, room number 022/023.
- General visitor information for the Max Planck Institute is available at http://www.mpimet.mpg.de/en/institut/besucherinformationen.html
Instructions for Remote Attendance:
- The virtual conference room will be for the video part at: http://webconf.vc.dfn.de/go-essp. This connection probably also will have an audio channel. However, as this often has poor sound quality, we will set up a phone conference in parallel:
- To establish a sound connection by phone dial one of the dfn numbers: +49 30 254 1080 (or +49 711 633 0190)
- You then will be asked to enter the Conference ID followed by a hash ("#"), which is: 9792 0390 #
You then enter the virtual conference room.
- If you like to, you can try both connections right now already.
- As audio quality sometimes is poor, please understand that remote presenters are asked to use the phone channel and not the audio channel of the web conference. Furthermore, as a fallback, it would be good to have a version of the talk's slides in Hamburg at the time of the conference. Together with the local talks we will put that version on the web after the meeting.
- Hamburg buses and undergrounds are operated by HVV (HamburgerVerkehrsverbund)
General Visitor Information: